Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Three Trees

Still raining.

Quaking Aspen

But still beautiful, too.  And the rain makes the trees smell even better than normal.

Engelmann Spruce (I think.  Don't go to the bank on my spruce identification.)

I have several habits out here.  One favorite is to have a glass of wine on the deck as it is very sheltered and private, surrounded by aspen and spruce.  I seem to angle my chair the same way every time, which gives me a view of three particular trees.  Quaking Aspen grow in groves and are often propagated by a single parent tree, so I think of these three as brothers.  And since the aspen knots look like eyes, it is easy to feel a friendly, yet watchful, persona radiating from them.

Psst, how many glasses of wine is that tonight?  I think two?  Nah, she topped that second one off, so I count three.
 Fingers crossed for better weather tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment