Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Fireflies

Last July, Jon was out east touring Civil War battlefields with his mom, but I needed to get my car serviced before I took my mom and the boys to Vancouver.  So, I drove the Subaru down to the local place that takes care of our vehicles.  Then I ran the 4.4 miles home.

I don't tolerate hot and humid.  It was 85 degrees (despite being 9pm,) and still humid.  Not my kind of weather.  Jon was gone, and I was missing him because our trips were going to overlap, meaning we wouldn't see each other for three weeks.

Part way home, I went through a low spot, and it was filled with fireflies.  Which reminded me of late nights at the lake growing up, when the fireflies were thick in the summer air.  And it reminded me of a night here in Farmington that I sat outside in the grass with Jay and Mac while the fireflies twinkled--that memory is just priceless to me.  Those fireflies last July really cheered me up.

We had to drop Jon's car off tonight, so we decided to run home together (low 40s here as opposed to mid 80s...yay!)  When I went past the low spot, I remembered the fireflies, and was grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment