Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: The Moon and Recollection


My mom tells a story of me as a child, I was riding in the back seat of the car while she was driving at night.  I told her, "I think the moon likes me."

She inquired, "You do?  Why?"

"Because it is following me home."

I brought Mac and Apolo to my mom tonight, because my parents are watching them for us when we are vacationing in Mexico (we fly out in the morning.)  On the way home, the moon followed me again.  Tonight it was a tiny sliver as the new moon was only two nights ago, on the 13th.  I love when it is a little sliver, because it reminds me of a melon rind, or the tip of a fingernail.  I was glad for the company as I was lonely without my boys.

As an aside, while I was wandering through Target today, I suddenly recalled (for no apparent reason,) that my passport was still in my glove compartment from our Vancouver trip this summer.  Good thing, too, because I traded vehicles with my mom...that would have been pretty a pretty horrible discovery while packing tonight!  I am always amazed how the human mind works "in the background" in ways we are unaware of.

I didn't blog yesterday, which is not to say I forgot this self-imposed project.  I rested, and was thankful for deep, restorative sleep.


The moon from our driveway on September 19, 2012--fatter than tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment