Tuesday, November 27, 2012

30 Days of Thanks: Frost Moon

My favorite nights come when the days shorten and the temperatures drop.  Last winter, when Mac was an "only dog," I would walk to the nearby park where he would run while I sipped hot chai.  I loved how the heat from his paws left prints on the frosty grass, or how I could see his breath from across the soccer fields when the moon was fat.  Those trips were a crisp and quiet end to the day.

This week, we started up the night walks again--just in time, too, as the Frost Moon was coming full this morning and into tonight.

Today, I am grateful that I can no longer take hot chai on our night excursions. Because I need a hand for each leash, for there are two black shapes streaking across the park again this year.  Two sets of paws on the grass.  Double the frosty breath.  Mac is happier that way...and we are, too.

It is good to be a family of four again.

Tonight's Frost Moon -- with a little added style this time!

P.S.  Yesterday, I was just glad I had a painless first day back at work after vacation.  That is usually a real drag of a day, and I wasn't looking forward to it, but it was good.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment